5 Oct 2010

A cup of cappuccino

When Birgitte "discovered" me with a warm smile on her face, I was standing at the coffee machine in Pilgrim's Hall, looking forward to my salvatoin before class started in 15 minutes.

The semester has just started for a month. We're still not very clear about each other's schedule. She likes saying "See you suddenly." And I've done my part to surprise her with this "suddenly".

The coffee smelt revigorating, and seeing the familiar face of a dear friend was energizing.

I told Birgitte I had just got 3 liters of red wine for our Holy Communion. Our communion bread is homemade, and we have actually thought about making our own wine. But then it would be too expensive. We are a congregation with no income.

With a cup of cappuccion in my hand, we walked out of Pilgrim's Hall, enjoying our chat and the cooler weather. Autumn seemed to be here, finally. No more sweating non-stop.

Before we said goodbye to each other, we agreed to meet after my class so that we could walk down from Tao Fong Shan (meaning Logos Wind Hill) to the city centre. Her company was much welcome. I had spent the first four Mondays of the semester leaving on my own, and three out of four time found me walking along the little path anticipating meeting some not so welcome "neighbour".  They're the wild boars, dogs and monkey, sometimes even snakes. "Animals, animals, God made all the animals~~" we sang in one of our chapel services and from time to time, I had to remind myself of the lyrics.

With my mind eased, I went to the seminary for my Romans class.

(See more On, in  and Around Monday stories in Seedlings in Stone. )

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm...now you have made me wish for coffee... I can almost smell it as I read your post. Cappuccino with a good friend - one who smiles at the delight of laying eyes on you - is a rich treat that makes life a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had another cup of coffee today with a friend who's expecting the first baby in the family. Life is rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make your own wine. That seems it might be a spiritual experience in itself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have also thought about turning water into wine.

    ReplyDelete